1. Entrants must complete the competition form (anca.com/Tooloftheyear) and supply their full name, company name, email address and social media handles.
2. All entries need to be free from NDAs and must have a permission from their company to enter this competition.
3. There is one entry permitted per organisation.
4. The prize is two economy flights and three nights’ accommodation for two people from the winning organisation. ANCA will arrange the flights and accommodation for the winners, and no other costs will be covered for the travel.
5. The competition is open and offered only to ANCA customers, who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry (the “Entrants”).
6. The tool must be uncoated and have been ground on an ANCA machine.
7. All photo submissions must include the promotional hashtag, #ANCATooloftheyear, in order to be eligible.
8. All entries become property of ANCA and will be used in different promotional activities during and after the campaign.
9. Social media Submissions run from 27/07/2018 ~ 20/08/2018.
10. The five finalists will be selected on 25/08/2018 by the number of likes they achieve of their picture on ANCA CNC Facebook page.
12. Top five finalists announced on ANCA Social media, August eNews blast, and must send the actual tool to ANCA USA office to be displayed on the ANCA IMTS stand.
13. The entrant is responsible for all costs associated with entry. However, ANCA will cover the shipment costs for top five tools to ANCA USA office.
14. ANCA will keep all the finalist tools to exhibit at shows around the world and further promote the skill of the organisations who make the finals.
15. A judging panel pick the winning tool based on the craft, and strict measurement criteria:
1. Best surface finish in Ra (roughness average) value on the flute or gash surface
2. The tool the that is closest to the nominal tolerance as stated on the drawing in terms of diameter and profile (i.e. if the tolerance on diameter is +/- 0.010mm and the tool is measured to 0.005 then this will rank favourably)
3. Tool that has been ground to the tightest tolerance as per the drawing (i.e. the tool with the lowest tolerance will rank favourably)
4. Level of complexity (i.e. in terms of the number of steps, profiles will rank favourably)
16. The trip will be taken within a year of receiving the prize.
17. Winning company will also receive recognition through print and digital promotions after IMTS 2018.
18. The prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash, credit or other products.
20. This Contest is not in any manner sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.
21. Entries received before the start of the Submission Period or after the end of the Submission Period will be discarded and deemed VOID. For purposes of this Contest, an entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information.
22. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, do not provide the required information in their entry form, or do not abide by these Official Rules or other instructions will be disqualified.
23. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or using any email address other than the Entrant’s or any other website, including, without limitation, commercial promotion subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified.
24. Entries must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person, entity or the company they work for and must have been created in a legal and safe manner.
25. By submitting an entry, an Entrant warrants and represents that he or she consents to the submission and use of the entry in the Contest.
26. The Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness releases for any person who appears in or is identifiable in the entry.
27. The five (5) entries that receive the highest scores on 25/08/2018 by the number of likes they achieve on their picture on ANCA CNC Facebook page will be deemed the Contest Finalists. Each Contest Finalist will be notified by ANCA via email. If a Contest Finalist is non-responsive or unreachable within two (2) days of notification, ANCA has the right to disqualify the Contest Finalist and select and alternate Contest Finalist in their place. Each Contest Finalist will be instructed to mail their actual tool to ANCA for further review. If a mailed tool is not received by ANCA within ten (10) days of notification, ANCA has the right to disqualify the Contest Finalist and select and alternate Contest Finalist in their place.
28. Once ANCA has received all top five (5) Contest Finalist entries, the judges will perform another review (based on the Judging criteria listed above) at ANCA IMTS stand. Each entry will be re-graded in comparison to the other four (4) Contest Finalist entries. The entry that receive the highest score based on the judges’ review will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Winner. The potential Winner will be announced at ANCA IMTS stand and qualified (via email) by ANCA. The finalist must send a photo of their entered tool, designed on the ANCA CIM3D software to prove it was ground on ANCA machine.
29. Entries may not contain any image or depiction of the following: (i) materials which include or constitute trademarks, trade names or copyrighted works created or owned by any person or entity other than Entrant or for which the Entrant has obtained owner’s written permission to use; (ii) materials bearing profanities, or bearing the name or likeness of any celebrity, living or dead; (iii) materials which contain visible identifiable or potentially identifiable information, including but not limited to, phone numbers, website links, street addresses, e-mail addresses or license plate numbers; (iv) inappropriate behavior for a general audience; (v) any depiction of real or simulated sexual acts; (vi) violence in any form; (vi) materials which violate anyone’s reasonable privacy expectations, violate any known agreement, or which are defamatory in nature; (viii) materials which are derogatory to Sponsor, or any affiliated entity or person; (ix) materials which are discriminatory based on race, religion, national origin, physical disability, age, sex, or sexual orientation or preference; (x) materials in which any person identifiably appears unless Entrant has obtained an appropriate written release from such person granting all rights required herein; and, (xi) materials which do not comply with all other requirements in these Official Rules.
30. Entries that do not conform to these guidelines will be disqualified. ANCA reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entry determines to be inconsistent with the letter or spirit of the Official Rules or potentially damaging to its, the Contest’s, or another’s image or reputation.
31. By entering ANCA Tool of the year competition, entrants accept the above-stated Terms & Conditions of Entry.